Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Diebels Live

This is the brewery where they produce more beer than I have ever seen in one place. For over 100 years, Diebels has been producing beer. We toured the brewery, and then had beer and dinner. The machine where they clean the returnable bottles was amazing. The multiple machines take the bottles through the process of being cleaned, filled, capped, and packaged. It was quite an assembly line.
I was not sure how to eat this fried hunk of flesh. I managed to get a few good bites. There were 17 of us at one table. Imagine the table with 17 of these plates. The sourkraut was good but I did not care for the potato pasta buried under it.
This is one of my classmates. Her German is super and she speaks with more playfulness than I have heard. She is amusing. I only met her once. By the way, I believe Woodman's in WI sells Diebels beer if anyone is interested...

No comments: